[OS X TeX] Web hosting etc

Alan Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Sat Oct 6 17:38:01 EDT 2007

On 6/10/2007, at 10:10 PM, Bernhard Barkow wrote:

> Exactly; but if it is just for a few files and you don't fear the
> command line, the plain simple ftp program from the command line is
> IMHO the easiest way to do things (repeat: as long as there are
> only a few files to transfer).

Oh I wouldn't say that. ftp or sftp are very efficient applications
for transferring files, large or small, small in number or large and
even whole sites or complete directory trees. And it is particularly
useful if you find you have to tunnel into a server with telnet or ssh.

But if you have an aversion to Terminal applications, have a look at
Transmit. Nice Finder like interface, stable and plays nice with lots
of different file systems. http://www.panic.com/transmit/

Cheers
Alan