[OS X TeX] Web hosting etc

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Oct 8 17:07:27 EDT 2007

Am 08.10.2007 um 20:46 schrieb Alain Schremmer:

> On Oct 8, 2007, at 11:44 AM, Peter Dyballa wrote:
>

>> Am 08.10.2007 um 16:55 schrieb Alain Schremmer:
>>
>>> I believe I saw something about this earlier on the list and I
>>> will look it up but I don't think the subject included the term
>>> "resource fork".
>>
>> In an UNIX File System these look a bit invisible like ._<data
>> file name.extension>.
>>
>> Keeping them for other Mac OS X users would make them use the same
>> applications as you did, no matter how optimal your choices were.
>
> So, why not just leave things as they are?

Because such a resource fork can persuade an application to open the
window with its upper left corner 1025 pixels to the right and 513
pixels below the screen's upper edge. When your iBook's screen is
only 1024×786 pixels you won't see much.

Non-Mac OS X users might complain about the scrap they receive/get/
fetch.

   So why not leave your private stuff on your Mac?

--
Greetings

   Pete

"Specifications are for the weak and timid!"