[OS X TeX] No room for a new \dimen

Florian Grammel grammel at gmx.net
Wed Oct 10 11:06:02 EDT 2007

> For this reason, etex.sty provides \reserveinserts, usage follows
> from a class file I happen to have open in Aquamacs...
> \RequirePackage{l3names}
> \ProvidesExplClass{dtu-statistics}
>   {2007/10/10}{0.34}{Class for DTU books (MH)}
> % Enable etex registers as soon as possible with memoir!
> \RequirePackage{ifpdf,etex,trace,l3calc}
> \reserveinserts{30}
> --
> Morten

Tusind tak, Morten -- Thanks a bunch! (And thanks, Ralph, for the
That simply saved my day: I would have hated to extract all diagrams
to extra-files...

And for others who might be as slow to grasp this as I was:

in the beginning of the file saves enough inserts for all other
packages, the ones from my example and the about 30 more I'm using in
my file.

All the best