[OS X TeX] Web hosting etc

Bernhard Barkow bb at creativeeyes.at
Wed Oct 10 16:56:34 EDT 2007

On 2007-10-10, at 20:38, Adam M. Goldstein wrote:
>>> I can recommend CleanArchiver : http://www.sopht.jp/cleanarchiver/
>>>
>>> It is simple a drag&drop application that can
>>> create .zip, .gzip .bzip or .dmg archives from a folder including
>>> or excluding whatever hidden stuff that suits you. Launch it only
>>> to set/change the preferences.
>>
>> Thank you for this hint, this looks like a nice application. I
>> used to accomplish this using the command line and corresponding
>> parameters to the zip command; if it would be possible to
>> integrate this into the Finder's contextual menu (like Create
>> Archiv of"…"), this would be even more practicable…
>>

> Maybe you could make an automator action from a shell script of the
> commands you'd use from the command line and then add it to the
> finder's contextual menus?

You are right; I never took a deep enough look into Automator, but
the tool On My Command (<http://www.abracode.com/free/cmworkshop/>)
is also very helpful for this kind of thing, I just should get down
to write the necessary workflow into a (more or less) clean script
(it's not that I use this every day, most of the times I am so lazy
to use the default "Create Archive…" CM entry, not caring for hidden
OSX files…)

Bernhard