[OS X TeX] Web hosting etc

Bernhard Barkow bb at creativeeyes.at
Wed Oct 10 18:26:23 EDT 2007

On 2007-10-10, at 23:01, Alain Schremmer wrote:

>>> Maybe you could make an automator action from a shell script of
>>> the commands you'd use from the command line and then add it to
>>> the finder's contextual menus?
>>
>> You are right; I never took a deep enough look into Automator, but
>> the tool On My Command (<http://www.abracode.com/free/cmworkshop/
>> >) is also very helpful for this kind of thing, I just should get
>> down to write the necessary workflow into a (more or less) clean
>> script (it's not that I use this every day, most of the times I am
>> so lazy to use the default "Create Archive…" CM entry, not caring
>> for hidden OSX files…)
>
> If you ever do, could you spare a copy?

Yes, of course; this list will not allow me an attachment, but you
can download it from
<http://www.creativeeyes.at/tools/sw/
remove_OSX_files_from_zip.plist.zip>
This can then be imported into On My Command (using OMCEdit).
The actual shell command is

zip -d "__OBJ_PATH__" "._*" "*/._*" .DS_Store "*/.DS_Store" __MACOSX/
"__MACOSX/.*"

where __OBJ_PATH__ is the zip file's path; in a shell script this
would be

zip -d "$1" "._*" "*/._*" .DS_Store "*/.DS_Store" __MACOSX/
"__MACOSX/.*"

I haven't tested it with deep folder hierarchies. Please let me know
if (no, how) this can be improved, by the way…
Some day, when I will have made myself familiar with Automator, an
Automator action will follow :-)

Bernhard