[OS X TeX] Web hosting etc

Bernhard Barkow bb at creativeeyes.at
Wed Oct 10 18:26:23 EDT 2007

On 2007-10-10, at 23:01, Alain Schremmer wrote:

>>> Maybe you could make an automator action from a shell script of
>>> the commands you'd use from the command line and then add it to
>>> the finder's contextual menus?
>> You are right; I never took a deep enough look into Automator, but
>> the tool On My Command (<http://www.abracode.com/free/cmworkshop/
>> >) is also very helpful for this kind of thing, I just should get
>> down to write the necessary workflow into a (more or less) clean
>> script (it's not that I use this every day, most of the times I am
>> so lazy to use the default "Create Archive…" CM entry, not caring
>> for hidden OSX files…)
> If you ever do, could you spare a copy?

Yes, of course; this list will not allow me an attachment, but you
can download it from
This can then be imported into On My Command (using OMCEdit).
The actual shell command is

zip -d "__OBJ_PATH__" "._*" "*/._*" .DS_Store "*/.DS_Store" __MACOSX/

where __OBJ_PATH__ is the zip file's path; in a shell script this
would be

zip -d "$1" "._*" "*/._*" .DS_Store "*/.DS_Store" __MACOSX/

I haven't tested it with deep folder hierarchies. Please let me know
if (no, how) this can be improved, by the way…
Some day, when I will have made myself familiar with Automator, an
Automator action will follow :-)