[OS X TeX] Correcting errors in BibDesk

Adam M. Goldstein agoldstein at iona.edu
Wed Oct 24 23:39:27 EDT 2007

On Oct 24, 2007, at 8:47 PM, Michael Kubovy wrote:

> I have been convinced that using BibDesk is a good idea, but I have
> run into problem with its lint-picking.
>
> If I have an "Edit Source"  window and an "Errors" window open. I
> can get to the errors and fix them in the edit window. It's not
> clear to me how I periodically save the edited source. "Save" in
> the menu is grayed out, the "Refresh" seems to reload the unedited
> file. It's not clear to me what the "Reopen" button does.
>
> I would appreciate some pointers.

Here is the way I do this---

When the errors come up, I click on the line in the error window with
one of the errors. Then, I see what record the problem is in, easily
identified by its cite key. Then I open the record in the get info
window for it, and then correct it, and save again.

I am not sure how to reload the errors window, though.

I like this method because it is pretty mechanical, and also, I don't
have to worry about the various new files that are created when
editing the window showing the file.

-Adam
=================================
Adam M. Goldstein PhD