[OS X TeX] TeX on Leopard

Berend Hasselman bhh at xs4all.nl
Sat Oct 27 15:54:10 EDT 2007

On 27 Oct 2007, at 21:35, Adam M. Goldstein wrote:

> On Oct 27, 2007, at 12:32 PM, Julia Case wrote:
>
>> I did an upgrade for the install, which seems now to have been the
>> wrong thing from all reports.
>>

> I just did the same thing (upgrade)---it took around 40 minutes,
> with no hangups or hiccups. Everything TeX-related works just as it
> did on Tiger, including Emacs.app together with auctex, Skim
> (Except for a funny problem with the magnifying glass), BibDesk,
> and TeXing and BibTeXing. Smultron also works well as does LaTeXit.
>
> Why is upgrading the wrong thing to do?

Try texdoc and see if it finds everything.
Or man because man.conf has changed,

I don't think there is anything fundamentally wrong with that.
I did the same and yes  it worked.

I just don't like the so-called innovations in the Gui.
I find most of them tiring to the eyes. I don't like  the dark
toolbars with unreadable text.
Totally changed behaviour of the Application folder in the dock, the
impossibility of  using a folder in the Dock with aliases to
applications.
I don't like the weird bugs I encountered. The weird happenings with
X11; non working Gimp, Gretl.
Most of the eye candy are unnecessary changes. Just Time Machine,
QuickLook (with a better font for text files) a better Spotlight
(which doesn't find all files even though they are there; Tiger
Spotlight finds them), a nicer Finder, which still has some awkward
things, would have made Leopard a better Tiger.

I didn't switch to Mac for this.

Berend