[OS X TeX] Umlaute in AlphaX under Leo (slightly OT)

Michael Hoppe mh at michael-hoppe.de
Tue Oct 30 06:27:35 EDT 2007

Dear typists,

I'm using AlphaX 8.0.2, AlphaTcl 8.0.2 to write my tex-files.  Despite
being a German, I'm using a good ole IBM Model M keyboard with US-
layout.  To produce, e.g., an ä, you hit <ALT>-u, followed by an a.
(I just did it.)  It's the usual way to access special characters.

     But hitting <ALT>-u a in AlphaX under 10.5, a lonely a (instead
ä) is produced.  Is there any cure?  BTW, <ALT>-s produces an ß, as
desired.

Michael