[OS X TeX] [Leo-TeX] Unable to print with pplj ...

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Wed Oct 31 06:46:32 EDT 2007

Bruno Voisin wrote:
[]
> Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
> Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00000000a5188190
> Crashed Thread:  0
>
> Thread 0 Crashed:
> 0   libSystem.B.dylib          0x96b45a45 tiny_malloc_from_free_list + 235
> 1   libSystem.B.dylib          0x96b3e82d szone_malloc + 180
> 2   libSystem.B.dylib          0x96b3e738 malloc_zone_malloc + 81
[]

This is exactly what I am seeing in my crash log here, but for Preview,
not for cgpdftops. So it seems to be a bug inside the heart of the
system. Even if some "malformed color space" is read, the system library
should not crash inside a memory allocation routine.

Please everyone, if the bug reporter comes up and proposes to send a
report to Apple, do it. The more reports they get about the same
problem, the more they'll take it seriously.

--
Martin