[OS X TeX] Poor performance on a MacBookPro

Hervé CHOPLIN choplin at delphi.phys.univ-tours.fr
Mon Sep 3 07:35:41 EDT 2007

Here is the latex running (TeXLive 2007) on an eMAC 1Ghz PowerPC G4
256 Mo RAM MacOSX 10.4.10

This is pdfTeXk, Version 3.141592-1.40.3 (Web2C 7.5.6)
  %&-line parsing enabled.
entering extended mode
(./testla.tex
LaTeX2e <2005/12/01>
Babel <v3.8h> and hyphenation patterns for english, usenglishmax,
dumylang, noh
yphenation, arabic, basque, bulgarian, coptic, welsh, czech, slovak,
german, ng
erman, danish, esperanto, spanish, catalan, galician, estonian,
farsi, finnish,
  french, greek, monogreek, ancientgreek, croatian, hungarian,
interlingua, ibyc
us, indonesian, icelandic, italian, latin, mongolian, dutch, norsk,
polish, por
tuguese, pinyin, romanian, russian, slovenian, uppersorbian, serbian,
swedish,
turkish, ukenglish, ukrainian, loaded.
(/usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/article.cls
Document Class: article 2005/09/16 v1.4f Standard LaTeX document class
(/usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/size10.clo)) (./
testla.aux)
[1] (./testla.aux) )
Output written on testla.dvi (1 page, 240 bytes).
Transcript written on testla.log.

real    0m0.602s
user    0m0.490s
sys     0m0.086s

Hervé CHOPLIN
Université François Rabelais - UFR Sciences et Techniques
Parc Grandmont 37200 TOURS France
Tél: +33 247367343
e-mail: choplin at delphi.phys.univ-tours.fr - AIM/iChat: choplinnts