[OS X TeX] Re: "I wish this worked a bit differently" list

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 15:56:03 EDT 2007

On Sep 12, 2007, at 3:06 PM, Jonathon Swiderski wrote:

> On 9/12/07, Markus S <youcontrol at hispeed.ch> wrote:
>> On 2007-09-12 20:27:57 +0200, Martin Costabel
>> <costabel at wanadoo.fr> said:
>>
>>> Herbert Schulz wrote:
>>> []
>>>
>>> Doesn't work if the window is flush with the bottom of the screen.
>>
>> Just opened a long document in TeXShop 2.14. Maximised it with the
>> green button, did a click-and-hold and dragged down, once I hit the
>> bottom of the window it continued by scrolling the window
>
> 'Flush with the bottom of the screen', however, is not equivalent to
> 'maximised'...  Does it work if you leave the window un-maximised and
> just move it to the bottom of the screen?  (Unfortunately, I don't
> currently have Mac access, myself...)

On my screen, maximising brings the window to the bottom of the screen.

Either way though, it seems that for the text to scroll in the
window, a bit more than half the insertion cursor has to get below
the window before it turns into a pointer and the text starts to
scroll. But when the window is at the bottom, too much of the
insertion cursor stays in the window.

Regards
--schremmer