[OS X TeX] Re: "I wish this worked a bit differently" list

Tobias Sebastian Kuhn tosebk at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 04:22:39 EDT 2007

Am 13.09.2007 um 00:04 schrieb Alain Schremmer:

> On Sep 12, 2007, at 5:51 PM, Markus S wrote:
>
>>> Either way though, it seems that for the text to scroll in the
>>> window, a bit more than half the insertion cursor has to get
>>> below  the window before it turns into a pointer and the text
>>> starts to  scroll. But when the window is at the bottom, too much
>>> of the  insertion cursor stays in the window.
>>
>> That is it. Just leave a millimeter of space between the bottom of
>> the window and the bottom of the screen (or keep a Dock inbetween).

Then you have snail pace scrolling speed. The scrolling speed depends
on how much space is below the window.
Try with different dock sizes (if you have it on the bottom of your
screen...) or move the window ;)
It seems the maximise button was designed with a standard dock in mind.

BTW, Aquamacs Emacs can still scroll relatively fast with the window
bottom BELOW the screen bottom (!).