[OS X TeX] Re: lucida map

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Sep 13 06:16:19 EDT 2007

Le 13 sept. 07 à 11:47, Leslie Morland a écrit :

>      Thanks for further advice. I ran all 4 commands twice , when
> response was unchanged map file.
>
> Then ran sample.tex. Console produced endless sequence of messages
> "running mktexpk, dont know how to create bitmap font for ...,
> cannot find font ..." Finally 7 pages of blank output. Does this
> give any indication of underlying problem. When the updmap commands
> said maps not being recreated I thought all was well.

No, response about unchanged file means updmap doesn't understand
what you're asking. Usually this means you need first to run updmap --
disable (with appropriate following argument) to comment out some map
files in updmap.cfg, then updmap --enable (again with appropriate
argument).

I'm sorry, but without greater detail on your setup and without the
error messages (or log file) you're getting I cannot help more. And
I'm just realizing you announced a test file in your original message
(from 8 September), but forgot to attach it to that message.

In any case, I'm sorry again but I cannot offer such personalized
help. I'm really too short of time currently. I suggest you direct
your questions to the OS X TeX list, where you'll find dedicated and
competent people willing to help.

Bruno