[OS X TeX] Re: Hide temporary files created by TeXShop

Markus S youcontrol at hispeed.ch
Mon Sep 17 13:14:03 EDT 2007

> on macosxhints a small pyhton script was published that moves all
> auxilliary files into a an invisible .tmp directory:
> http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20070906022746216
>
> [...] are there any downsides to this procedure?

I've found one downside: bibtex does not work anymore since it cannot
find the .aux file (which now sits in the .tmp directory).

I've tried to create a Python script that calls bibtex similar to the
original Python script. Bibtex however does not seem to support the
'--output-directory' option, nor do I know how to tell bibtex that the
.aux sits in .tmp (and that .bst does not sit in .tmp).