[OS X TeX] Re: Hide temporary files created by TeXShop

Alan Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Mon Sep 17 19:07:26 EDT 2007

On 18/09/2007, at 10:36 AM, Markus S wrote:

>> The only time I delete  them is when there is an error that
>> necessitates it.  Quite properly,  that is the only time you need
>> to remove those files or when the job  is completed and the
>> auxiliary files are no longer going to be kept  (archived).
>
> That is exactly what I do (delete after certain errors and for
> archiving).
>
>> But if you want to delete them every time, why not make an
>> Automator  file that runs both processes?
>
> No, I don't want to delete them every time. I don't want to see
> them. Except for the .bst file, I never ever really need to see or
> touch these files (the only reason wanting to see them is when you
> want to delete them for reasons listed above, what I have to do
> occasionally on Windows helping my colleagues with compilation
> errors, but for that we already have command).

Sorry, my mistake. To be honest, to achieve what you want within the
file system would require substantial rewriting of the various
applications code, or...

Perhaps one could write a package along the lines of the
\graphicspath command that is part of graphicx?

TeXShop is only a previewer for TeX/LaTeX and uses the typesetting
system to produce documents. As such, whatever file is processed
needs to run with the typesetting system. Whatever you do at a
TeXShop program level is likely to produce errors with specific
packages and programs.

Alan