[OS X TeX] pdftex.map

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Sep 18 05:08:28 EDT 2007

Am 18.09.2007 um 10:05 schrieb Alain Matthes:

> usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.local/fonts/map/pdftex /updmap/pdftex.map
>
> I found this :  cmex9 TeX-cmex9 <fmex9.pfb  ???
>
> so I remove it to keep only : cmex9 CMEX10 <cmex10.pfb

This was some time ago already topic in this list.

You're using two MAP file fragments, ttcmex.map and cmother-bsr-
interpolated.map. The latter interpolates some CM font sizes from a
PFB font file that was for some time *not* public domain but part of
commercial TeX distributions from BaKoMa or Bluesky. Ttcmex.map
contains just the three fonts cmex{789} which use free PS Type 1
fonts made by Taco Hoekwater.

I would have disabled cmother-bsr-interpolated.map ... (ams-cmex-bsr-
interpolated.map contains cmex{78})

It's worth to throw some teTeX MAP files fragments in TeX Live away.

--
Greetings

   Pete

"They're putting dimes in the hole in my head to see the change in me."