[OS X TeX] comicsans

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Sep 18 11:30:38 EDT 2007

Le 18 sept. 07 à 17:15, Andrew Miller a écrit :

> No takers, eh?
>
> On Sep 13, 2007, at 10:43 AM, Andrew Miller wrote:
>
>> Has anyone here used the comicsans package? I think I followed the
>> installation instructions, but I'm getting an error when typesetting:
>>
>> !pdfTeX error: /usr/texbin/pdflatex (file comic.ttf): cannot open
>> TrueType font
>>  file for reading
>>  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!

Could you give more detail on the comicsans package (what is it and
where is it available from), on the installation instructions you
followed, and provide a minimal test file?

>> I grabbed the fonts comic.ttf and comicbd.ttf from a Windows
>> machine and they are readable by Font Book, so I am not sure why
>> they are not working.

I would be surprised if the Windows license allowed this. That said,
on my machine I have a first suitcase Comic Sans MS in ~/Library/
Fonts/ which I assume was installed by MS Office, and a second
identical suitcase in /Library/Fonts/ which I assume was installed by
iWork.

Thus you might as well have copies already of Comic Sans on your Mac,
bundled with some piece of software.

Bruno Voisin