[OS X TeX] comicsans

Andrew Miller ajmiller at psu.edu
Tue Sep 18 14:33:01 EDT 2007

On Sep 18, 2007, at 1:36 PM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 18 sept. 07 à 18:42, Andrew Miller a écrit :
>
>> Indeed I do have the Comic Sans MS font suitcase as well
>> (presumably installed by Office), but I am unaware of how to
>> extract the .ttf files specified in the installation instructions.
>>
>> My purpose with this is to typeset a few equations with a font
>> face matching some existing documents done in Word. I suppose I
>> could contact the package author, but I was hoping that someone
>> here had done it before on OS X.
>
> IIRC Gary Gray has gone some steps in this direction, by providing
> a method for using LaTeXiT to typeset equations with Comic Sans and
> then include the equations in Keynote presentations whose
> "BlackBoard" theme (I don't remember the exact name) is based on
> Comic Sans.
>
> Hpwever, again IIRC, Gary's method involved XeLaTeX, not standard
> LaTeX.
>
> All this subject to Gary's confirmation: that was some time back
> (at the time of Keynote 1) and I've not tried Gary's method at the
> time and then I forgot about it; your question brought it back to
> mind.
>
> Bruno Voisin

You recall his use of the informal math font. It's not the same as
Comic Sans, but it looks nicer. I would rather use it except it
doesn't match the Word stuff I have.

This was what Gary did:
<http://www.esm.psu.edu/faculty/gray/misc/InformalMath-
BlackboardTest.pdf>

And the whole thread from two years ago:
<http://tug.org/mailman/htdig/macostex-archives/2005-July/016661.html>

Normally when I have any TeX questions I ask Gary first since his
office is across the hall from me (I work in his lab and sit about 10
ft away from this list's server), but he told me to post this one to
the list.