[OS X TeX] TeXShop and Skim

Steffen Wolfrum mactex_aa at st.estfiles.de
Thu Sep 20 07:58:12 EDT 2007

Am 18.09.2007 um 21:33 schrieb Friedrich Vosberg:

> Morning.
>
> I want to use Skim [1] as default previewer for TeXShop? How can I
> achieve this? Enhanced by this script of Ted Pavlic [2] I think the
> combination of TeXShop and Skim could be a much more powerful tool
> as using the built in previewer of TeXShop.

TeXShop didn't make much moves in the last 12 months ... Skim did.

But yet TeXShop still is (unfortunately) the only editor/preview
combination that uses Apple's superior pdfsearch (not to confuse with
pdfsync!), as far as I know.

And that's reason enough for me to continue using TeXShop ... even
though there are better previewers (Skim) and much better editors
(jeditX for example http://www.artman21.com/en/jedit_x/)

Steffen