[OS X TeX] Frame around figures?

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Thu Sep 20 17:42:53 EDT 2007

On Sep 20, 2007, at 23:35, Nathan Paxton wrote:

> 	Hi all,
>
> 	I've tried looking to see if there is an easy way to put a frame
> around a figure, but I can't quite understand if "bounding box"
> means a line around a graphic (in the graphicx package). How do I
> put a line around an included graphic?

Bounding box refers to the size (bounds) of the graphic itself, in
other words: how much space must TeX reserve for a particular
graphic, it has nothing to do with drawing a line around the figure.

You may be able to fake things with a picture environment, a framebox
and an includegraphics command within the picture to get a frame
around the included image. I think the LaTeX companion has examples
on how to do this.

Best,

Maarten