[OS X TeX] LaTeXiT & Keynote: color management when printing

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Sep 25 10:32:59 EDT 2007

On Sep 25, 2007, at 9:00 AM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 25 sept. 07 à 15:45, Michael S. Hanson a écrit :
>
>> 	Thanks, that sounds promising.  However, I don't have any
>> experience with AppleScript (yet), and so I unfortunately do not
>> know how to go about implementing this suggestion.  I attempted to
>> record an AppleScript from within Keynote, but got stymied right
>> away because the pasted graphic from LaTeXiT does not open in
>> LaTeXiT where I can change the color -- there is no "linkback"
>> functionality with Keynote 4.0 (iWork '08) that I could find.
>> Perhaps I am going about this the wrong way.  Any pointers to get
>> me started would be greatly appreciated.
>
> There is LinkBack functionality for Keynote 4 actually, since
> September 3, see:
>
> <http://commons.ucalgary.ca/~king/projects/keynoteplugins/linkback/>
>
> That said, I've not tried it myself (still cut-and-paste equations
> between LaTeXiT and Keynote 4). I was happy user of the plugin for
> Keynote 1, but then when the developer took loads and loads of time
> to update it for the following Keynote versions I stopped using the
> plugin, and then finally when the plugin was updated I could not
> get it to work at first try and gave up.
>
> I'd be interested by reports on installation and use of the plugin.
> Does it install frameworks inside the Keynote application itself,
> as the first version of the plugin did, or is it a better Mac OS X
> citizen now?
>
> Bruno Voisin

Howdy,

I'm very glad to see this! Thanks for pointing it out. I'll certainly
try it out but

I've always been unhappy that Keynote wasn't able to deal with in-
line equations---I thought the baseline information was part of the
file I dragged from LaTeXiT to Keynote. As long as I stay with
displayed equations things look great.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)