[OS X TeX] LaTeXiT & Keynote: color management when printing

Jens Noeckel noeckel at uoregon.edu
Tue Sep 25 11:14:42 EDT 2007

On Sep 25, 2007, at 7:57 AM, Michael S. Hanson wrote:

> On Sep 25, 2007, at 10:45 AM, Michael S. Hanson wrote:
>
>> 	That said, I'm still trying to figure out how to implement
>> William Adams's suggestion to use AppleScript to change the text
>> color for the LaTeXiT equations, or identify some other way to
>> convert either the presentation or (preferably) the PDF version
>> into a legible, ink-saving grey scale version.  Additional
>> suggestions are welcome.
>
> 	Is Keynote scriptable?  Again, I have no experience using
> AppleScript, save for my current experiments.  Guessing perhaps too
> wildly, I thought I could click on the "Record" button in the
> Script Editor and have it record actions in Keynote.  But as far as
> I can tell, nothing happened:  nothing appeared in the Script
> Editor window, for example.  What am I missing?  I'm not expecting
> a complete beginner's tutorial, but pointers in the right direction
> would be greatly appreciated.
>
> 	As a side note, it looks like it is not possible to double-click
> on and edit in LaTeXiT any equations in presentations created
> before the LinkBack plugin was installed -- so my existing lecture
> notes still will have to be updated by hand.  Sigh.  Thanks again
> for any help.

You don't use LinkBack by double-clicking. It's invoked by
highlighting the equation, then going to the Edit menu of Keynote and
looking for the menu item "Refresh (or Edit...) in LaTeXiT".

There is another neat feature of LaTeXiT that made the lack of
created in LaTeXiT, you _copy_ it from Keynote, then _paste_ it into
LaTeXiT. That makes the original LaTeX source appear automatigically.
That feature in fact let's you switch back and forth without having
to use the mouse at all, except to highlight the formula.

Regards,
Jens