[OS X TeX] Re: IEEE .pdf Checker

Bridget Kane kaneb at tcd.ie
Wed Apr 9 16:53:48 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm afraid I've lost the thread and since I'm a novice, I don't quite
understand the exchange on this subject.  I was able to make Herb's
change ok that resulted in a reduction of the messages to a single one
with regard to Acrobat "Error Acrobat version is less than 5.0".  To
answer some questions:

>  Message: 5  Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 22:24:01 +0200
>  From: Maarten Sneep <maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl>
>  Subject: Re: [OS X TeX] IEEE pdf checker

>  Do you include figures in your document?  YES
If so, the problem most  likely lies with those.
ANS: I use .eps images in the Open Office drawing package. Font in
.eps is Bitstream sans serif
> If standard pdfLaTeX uses times and/or
>  Helvetica they most likely use a URW substitute, and this error would
>  not occur. I assume that Acrobat version is less than 5.0 is not an
>  error, but a remark.

ANS: I don't know if its an error or remark - but it FAILs  the IEEE standard.
>  ------------------------------
I'm sorry that I haven't been able to follow the advice in the
correspondence that followed.  For now I was able to submit my .tex
files and get it converted to pdf by the IEEE. Unfortunately they only
give 3 chances to pass the checker on each paper being submitted.  (I
did successfully submit a paper over a year ago without any difficulty
and I don't recall making any changes since then - but I must have).

If anyone can advise me in simple terms, I'd like to get the issue
fixed for future reference.

Thanks
Bridget