[OS X TeX] The Font Cache Problem

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Sun Apr 13 19:15:28 EDT 2008

On Apr 13, 2008, at 15:43 , Dr. Clea F. Rees wrote:
> For the fainter, but not entirely faint, of heart, there is
> Trimmit.app
> with various options, including one to slim fat binaries. I can't get
> this to work on anything other than real application packages, though.
> It works quite nicely on itself. Generally,  you can simply drop an
> application on it,, choose the options you want and let it work. The
> backup option is *highly* recommended. Some applications don't work
> properly after slimming.

I suspect that 'Trimmit' is looking for "bundles": Mac ".app"s are
actually directories with a prescribed structure:
   XXX.app:
     Contents:
       Info.plist
       MacOS
         Binary executables (universal, ppc, i386, ...)
       Resources

Since a Unix executable is just a file, it won't pass muster (I'll
guess that 'Trimmit' uses some of the Apple-provided Frameworks to
access ".app" structure).

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon at Large