[OS X TeX] Avoiding page breaks

Chris Goedde cgg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 12:44:24 EDT 2008

On Apr 16, 2008, at 11:21 AM, Toke Lindegaard Knudsen wrote:
>> So the complete tip would be
>> \makeatletter
>> \newcommand\Nopagebreak{\@nobreaktrue\nopagebreak}
>> \makeatother
> I could not get this suggestion to work.  However, I solved the
> problem by using the minipage environment as suggested by Peter Vamos.

Just out of curiosity, what went wrong? Did you get an error message
or a page break? One thing I probably should have mentioned is that
any white space can be used as an opportunity to break, so you might
need to end lines with a % in order to prevent TeX from seeing the
whitespace. I always use \Nopagebreak in macros or as part of an
environment's definition, and I haven't seen it fail.