[OS X TeX] New color theme in beamer

Jesse Blocher jablocher at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 16:22:12 EDT 2008

I'm trying to create my own color theme in Beamer using the Univ of
North Carolina colors (none of the defaults are that close).
I've used LaTeX a bit, but this is my first attempt customizing in
this way - I'm not sure I'm doing it right.

I took the "beaver" color theme beamercolorthemebeaver.sty and edited
it to create a new .sty file with the correct rgb color tuple.

But now I get this error:

(beamercolorthemetarheel.sty

LaTeX Warning: You have requested package `beamercolorthemetarheel',
                but the package provides `beamercolorthemebeaver'.

Package: beamercolorthemebeaver 2007/01/28  (rcs-revision 1.2)
)

and it defaults to the default theme.

Do I need to "compile" the .sty file or otherwise "install" it or
something? I was treating it like a configuration file of sorts, but
obviously that's not the solution.

Thanks,
Jesse