[OS X TeX] TeXmaker

Franck Pastor franck.pastor at skynet.be
Thu Apr 24 06:51:30 EDT 2008

Le 24-avr.-08 à 12:43, Axel E. Retif a écrit :

> The new TeXmaker 1.7 (released today) just got better:
>
> http://www.xm1math.net/texmaker/
>
> There is a new Messages window that is a summary of the log file
> for errors, warnings and bad boxes, very useful if you have a
> master file and included files, because it lists the file with the
> error or warning, the type of error, the line and the message.
>
> If said file is open, clicking in the line number makes the cursor
> jump to it.
>
> With a good sized monitor, you can have in the same column the
> source window, the find window (not find/change, just find), the
> messages window and the log window.
>
> The ``Quick Build'' option lets you define a series of commands;
> say, latex, latex, bibtex, makeindex, latex, view pdf (this isn't
> new to this version).
>
> For me, TeXShop is indispensable because of the forward/inverse PDF
> search, but for people who like a beautiful graphic interface, I
> think TeXmaker is *the* application.

Agreed.

The only problem I got with TeXmaker is that it can't compile my
MetaPost documents if I want to use LaTeX (and not Plain TeX) as
typesetter for the labels.

  I.e, something I obtain through the command line by entering "mpost
-tex=latex name.mp" does not work with TeXmaker, despite having
customized its MetaPost panel in the Preferences menu accordingly.

(I hope this problem is solved with the new version.)

Otherwise, it's quite a good program.

Franck Pastor