[OS X TeX] LaTeX2html Basics?

Richard J Benish rjbenish at teleport.com
Sat Apr 26 23:49:53 EDT 2008

I thought I'd try some of these suggestions, but I'm not getting
things to work as hoped.

The SimpleTeX4ht works well for converting text. And it will even
nicely create a separate page for each LaTeX document Section. But
I'm not getting anything at all for my equations. Am I missing
something or is this all it is designed to do? (I haven't found any
documentation addressing this question.)

The documentation on HeVeA gives the impression that converting and
maintaining the integrity of  equations is one of its selling points.
But the "Installation" and "Principles" sections are clearly not
intended for simple minds like my own. Are there alternatives to
HeVeA that come with user-friendly instructions, or is this the only
tool available? If it's the only tool available, any advice on how a
non-geek might learn to install and use it without too much pain?

Thank you very much.

Richard Benish