[OS X TeX] User Friendly LaTeX to HTML Converter?

David Derbes loki at uchicago.edu
Mon Apr 28 15:20:29 EDT 2008

On Apr 28, 2008, at 1:04 PM, Richard J Benish wrote:

> If anyone knows of a user friendly LaTeX to HTML converter I would
> appreciate learning of it.
> I've spent several hours trying to get LaTeX2htm, HeVeA and
> SimpleTeX4ht installed or to work. It's beyond me.
> I am not ungrateful. I've gotten very friendly and very helpful
> advice here. But the experience level of the correspondents is
> evidently too far ahead of mine.
> I'm as disgusted as anybody by the excesses of capitalism. But for
> what it's worth, even though I don't have much money, I'd rather
> spend $$$ on a product I could install and start using without any
> hassle than to spend more time trying to figure out Unix, etc.
> Is there such a thing as a commercial LaTex product? Or is that
> contrary to the spirit of the thing?

The first question has a sort of answer. There is a package called
Textures which I have never used, but which a few on this list
remember from long ago with some fondness. Apparently after a very
long period of quiescence it is now coming back for OS X. The beta is
available for some nontrivial amount of money. I do not know whether
it will do what you want.

Good luck!

David Derbes
U of Chicago Laboratory Schools