[OS X TeX] TeXmaker & Textures

Matthew Leingang leingang at math.harvard.edu
Tue Apr 29 16:18:19 EDT 2008

On Apr 29, 2008, at 3:50 PM, Lantz Susan wrote:

> I have installed TeXmaker and Textures on my iBook, but whenever I
> attempt to use either program, TeXmaker and Textures both hit the
> \documentclass command and tell me that the command has never been
> defined. That makes me think that both programs are looking for
> commands, styles, packages, etc. in places other than where the
> commands, packages, etc. are.

Hello,

It makes me think that the programs are trying to process the
document with plain TeX, not LaTeX.  I'm not familiar with TeXmaker
or Textures, but if there's a place to configure what TeX format the
document gets processed by, double-check that it's a LaTeX format and
not plain TeX.  On Mac applications command-, usually calls up the
preferences dialog.  You might find there as well where it thinks the
commands, styles, packages, etc. are to be found.

Could you please create a minimal example of a document that produces
this error, post the document and the error log?  That would help
with the diagnosis.

Regards,
Matt

--