[OS X TeX] natbib broken or user error?

Alan Munn amunn at msu.edu
Wed Apr 30 17:27:19 EDT 2008

At 4:11 PM -0400 4/30/08, Jeremy Conlin wrote:
>I am using the natbib package but it isn't producing what I think it
>should.  I have don't have any optional arguments when loading the
>package.  I want to have parentheses but instead I get square
>brackets everywhere.  Is this a problem with the natbib package or
>is it my  error?

This depends on your bibliography style file.  But if you're happy
with the style except the parentheses, just call natbib with the
option [round].

This is all laid out pretty clearly in the documentation. (Open a
terminal window and type texdoc natbib and it should open up the
docs.)

Alan

--
Alan Munn
amunn at msu.edu
Department of Linguistics
and Germanic, Slavic, Asian and African Languages   Fax.  +1-517-432-2736
Michigan State University, East Lansing MI 48824       Tel.  +1-517-355-7491