[OS X TeX] Font to add to (pdf) TeX

Louis S VanSlyck lsv at pce-co.com
Wed Apr 30 20:34:26 EDT 2008

Thanks to many for the help with my question about getting a "logo.pdf"
file findable. The instructions were clear once I struck on the idea
that "home" folder meant the house icon.

My new problem is to get Old English Text MT to work in (pdf) TeX (I
use the plain TeX, mode). I've had the font working for a couple years
on a G4 in OS X 10.3, but I'm now running a MiniMac with OS X Leopard.

On the G4, various files are subfolders of
"Macintosh_HD/Library/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts".
For use, the font is defined by "\font\OldEng=moeb8r".

This problem may be avoided if someone can tell me there's an Old
English font already available in the MacTeX download. If not, I will
need detailed assistance to move all the moeb8r related files to my
MiniMac.

Thanks in advance.

Lou