[OS X TeX] Installing Lucida fonts under home folder

Gary L. Gray glgray at me.com
Tue Aug 5 14:34:23 EDT 2008

On Aug 5, 2008, at 12:16 PM, Chris Goedde wrote:

> So I'm installing the Lucida fonts that I just purchased from TUG
> under my home folder (i.e. in ~/Library/texmf), and the instructions
> are a bit too cryptic. So I need some help. I unzipped the lucida-
> complete file, and I put all the files in the right places (I think)
> under ~/Library/texmf. If I'm reading the instructions correctly,
> what I need to do next is run updmap (not updmap-sys, because I'm
> just installing them for myself, right?), but I have some questions.
>
> (1) What should my current working directory be when I run updmap?
> Does it matter?

It does not.

> (2) Where should I put the output files? Do I need to use the --
> outputdir directory option? If so, what argument? Do I just run:
>
> updmap --enable Map lucida.map
>
> or do I need to use some other options?

Bruno may correct me here since this may have changed, but I believe
you need to run:

sudo updmap-sys --enable Map lucida.map

if they are installed in ~/Library, rather than:

sudo -H updmap-sys --enable Map lucida.map

when they are installed system-wide.

There are no output files that you need to deal with.

> (3) Anything else I need to do?

Not that I am aware of.

Good luck.

-- Gary