[OS X TeX] Old Sites Need Updating.

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Aug 6 09:00:07 EDT 2008

Howdy,

While looking up the most recent versions of software that is to be
included in MacTeXtras (everything in MacTeX that isn't part of the
MacTeX installer package) I've noticed that many sites also have
information about installation of a TeX distribution, etc.
Unfortunately that information is often very out of date and can lead
to terrible confusion.

One example is the installation of fonts and updating map files; many
sites were never updated when the default behavior of updmap (and
other system applications) changed with the addition of -sys versions
(which behave the way the older versions behaved). I believe we've had
lots of problems with font installation and format creation because of
this.

If you are running a site with such information please update it to
agree with most recent practices.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)