[OS X TeX] eqno

Art Werschulz agw at comcast.net
Wed Dec 3 16:57:06 EST 2008

Hi.

On Dec 3, 2008, at 4:11 PM, Gary L. Gray wrote:

> I agree with George -- eqnarray makes for ugly equations. Use the
> amsmath package and then the the align, multiline, or one of many
> other environments for multiline equations.

"multiline" should be "multline".

I'm a big fan of the amsmath package.  At one point I was an AmSTeX
user, which meant that I had to roll my own techniques for handling
some of the things LaTeX gives you.  When Mike Spivak came out with
LAmSTeX, I was happy to use same.  Then the amsmath package came out,
and I was finally ready to switch over to LaTeX.

Documentation for the amsmath package may be found in amsldoc.pdf,
available through CTAN.

An aside: Has anybody else out there used LAmSTeX?

Art Werschulz
207 Stoughton Avenue, Cranford  NJ 07016-2838
(908) 272-1146