[OS X TeX] Getting started with tlmgr

Gerrit Glabbart g.glabbart at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 5 08:36:06 EST 2008

Am 05.12.2008 um 01:54 schrieb Herbert Schulz:

> 2 Initial Setup and Updating tlmgr
>
> Setting up the the tlmgr update system is a two step process. First
> you have to set up a preference
> that tells tlmgr where to find the files to update in future runs: run
> sudo tlmgr option location http://mirror.ctan.org/systems/texlive/
> tlnet/2008

Isn't that the default setting? I thought the point of the location
option was to select a particular mirror explicitly. I've never
called this option, and yet I get my TeXLive updates from a random
mirror from my home country, which, I'm guessing, is the desired
behavior. Am I missing something?

Oh, and yes, a section four, "When disaster strikes" (or something of
the sort), is probably a good idea. Maybe you can just copy and paste
one of your responses on this list.

Thanks for your efforts,
Gerrit.