[OS X TeX] MacTeX DVD has arrived (DANTE edition) -- What should be paid attention for?

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Tue Dec 9 19:45:27 EST 2008

Folks,

On Dec 9, 2008, at 4:35 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> If possible, I'd wait a short while because an updated MacTeX and
> BasicTeX should be coming relatively soon (I have no idea exactly
> when though). These will have all the updates up to the time of
> production, including the latest tlmgr which won't need updating
> before use.

If you get BasicTeX from

	www.uoregon.edu/~koch

or by following the link at

	www.tug.org/mactex/morepackages.html

then you will get an updated BasicTeX will tlmgr already updated (and
remaining packages updated to the latest versions). The version of
BasicTeX on CTAN will be upgraded in a couple of hours, but may take a
few days to reach the CTAN servers. I'll update MacTeX-2008 in the
same way in the next couple of days.

Dick Koch