Re: [OS X TeX] MacTeX DVD has arrived (DANTE edition) – What should be paid attention for?

Wed Dec 10 04:44:51 EST 2008

On 10.12.2008, at 08:43, Simon Spiegel wrote:

> On 10.12.2008, at 08:40, Friedrich Vosberg wrote:
>
>> Morning.
>>
>> Maybe, I've caused a misunderstanding. I've hesitated to install
>> MacTeX 2008 directly from the DVD due to the reported tlmgr bug.
>>
>> But now I've installed it anyway and followed the instruction on
>>
>> http://tug.org/texlive/tlmgr.html
>> to update tlmgr itself. Afterwards I've chosen in the SysPrefs the
>> brandnew TL2008 installation, and obviously all works fine.
>>
>> The only astonishing issue is: I've awaited to find KOMA Script
>> v3.x in TL 2008 but \listfiles reports v2.98 to be installed. Did
>> I misunderstood something?
>
> If I understood correctly, you've only update tlmgr, but haven't
> actually update TexLive. Now you have to update TL2008 with tlmgr.
> Type 'sudo tlmgr update --all' in the terminal to update the whole
> installation. Afterwards you'll have KOMA 3.01.
>
> simon

Also, concerning Koma Script: be aware that there are some strong
disagreements between Markus Kohm and the TeXLive team. Currently
KomaScript is being included into updates but it is absolutely
possible that this will stop at some point in the future given Makus'
objections to repacking his package. (See Markus' blog and the
TeXLive mailing list's archives for some details.) The situation is
unfortunate but at least right now tlmgr will deliver the latest
version.

Alex