[OS X TeX] Getting started with tlmgr (REVISITED) AGAIN!,

Rolf Schmolling rolf.schmolling at alumni.TU-Berlin.de
Wed Dec 10 14:39:46 EST 2008

Hi,

currently updating LaTeX2008 (MacTeX) via the provided information.
This is amazing!!

Thanks a bunch

regards,

Rolf

Am 10.12.2008 um 20:10 schrieb Herbert Schulz:

> On Dec 10, 2008, at 12:00 PM, Joseph C. Slater PE, PhD wrote:
>

>> On Dec 10, 2008, at 11:18 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>>
>>> Howdy,
>>>
>>> Taking a look at the previous version of the document for updating
>>> and using tlmgr and the experiences of others I noticed two
>>> things; the easiest way to update is to simply use the shell
>>> script rather than try to update using the faulty tlmgr and ther
>>> instructions I gave for setting a particular server were far from
>>> complete. Therefore I've changed the document (once again) and the
>>> new one is attached.
>>>
>>> <TlmgrMacTeX.pdf>
>>>

>>> Note: I know that the list of particular servers given by the link
>>> is not complete and may include some that are not as reliable as
>>> others but most are fine. One can always use the mirror link, take
>>> note of reliable servers and then set the location to that server.
>>>
>>> Comments and personal experiences are welcome.
>>
>> Comment: Can you document this on the wiki too? I've put a piece of
>> it there, but I didn't go further than updating tlmgr.
>> Joe
>
> Howdy,
>
> Is there a way the pdf file can be uploaded (actually, I've got yet
> another updated file attached below --- very minor changes) and a
> link to it set in the wiki? Otherwise I'll put something together.
>
> This updated file has the command line commands set \small so that
> none project (too far) over the margins. I also made the text width
> a bit larger to help with that too.
>
> <TlmgrMacTeX2.pdf>
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

> TeX FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
> List Reminders and Etiquette: http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/list/

Rolf Schmolling M.A. Historian, Rolf.Schmolling at Alumni.TU-Berlin.DE
http://rolf_schmolling.macbay.de/