[OS X TeX] BibLaTeX and archival (a la jurabib)

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Tue Dec 16 17:35:43 EST 2008

On 16.12.2008, at 20:16, G.H. Szylowsky PhD wrote:

> Hi Rolf,
>
> Why are you using BibLaTeX. I looked at it and I decided that any
> bibtex variant requiring a 175 page manual is a monstrosity.
>
> BibTeX is Gratzer's book with all the examples is 30 pages.

I don't know why Rolf uses biblatex, but basic bibtex is extremely
limited and biblatex solves about every problem bibtex has and it does
it without relying on an obscure proprietary language no one really
knows. For example, if you're in humanities, there are many things
which just can't be done properly in bibtex which are perfectly easy
in biblatex.

As for the manual: Your irony is completely out of place. The world
would be a better place if every software had documentation of the
quality biblatex has.
--
Simon Spiegel
Steinhaldenstr. 50

Telephon: ++41 44 451 5334
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 60 39

http://www.simifilm.ch

„If there's one thing I've learned, it's that life is one crushing
defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead.“ Homer
Simpson