[OS X TeX] Parens Matching

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Dec 20 13:12:58 EST 2008

On Dec 20, 2008, at 12:06 PM, Ulrich Groh wrote:

> "... What about _ -> _{#SEL##INS#}" ==> this is ok. The only thing
> which bothers me is the fact, that in the case I need just the _ the
> {  }  also appears. Any suggestion?
> ------------------------------
> Herzliche Grüße / Best regards
> Ulrich Groh

Howdy,

If you mean that you want to print a _ in your document you need to
use the command \_ anyway since _ has a special catcode that says it
should start a subscript in math mode. If you put a \ before the _ it
will not expand, you will get the proper \_! At least that is my
experience.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)