[OS X TeX] Definitive font guide, please?

David B. Thompson, Ph.D., P.E., CFM drdbthompson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 12:22:40 EST 2008

I spent a few hours last weekend trying to work out how to use fonts
other than the Computer Modern family in LaTeX. I found nothing
definitive in the archives. Google wasn't much help either. I think
it's time I learned something about using some of the other font
families available to us.

I tried the usual suspects, such as

\usepackage[garamond]{mathdesign}

and several variations on that theme. No joy.

So, would someone point me to a definitive resource that a literate
LaTeX user can understand? I'm not a complete n00b, but this is an
area I haven't explored.

Thanks all. This is a wonderful list.

-=d

David Thompson, Ph.D., P.E., D.WRE, CFM