[OS X TeX] Definitive font guide, please?

David B. Thompson, Ph.D., P.E., D.WRE, CFM drdbthompson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 13:58:48 EST 2008

On Dec 23, 2008, at 10:35, Alan Litchfield wrote:

> I have always found that using LaTeX Companion is the best guide for
> what is
> available within LaTex and how to get it. Otherwise, as has been
> otherwise
> suggested on this list, XeLaTeX allows you to use most fonts of your
> own
> choosing without the pain of installation.

I spent some time in TLC2 last weekend. I also spent some time reading
about XeLaTeX and how I might use it to gain access to the ugly Arial
font. :)

What I find interesting is that there is no clear path (at least not
one apparent to me) through this maze for the individual relatively
new to font-use in LaTeX.

Just so it's clear, I'm not trying to be annoying; I'm just trying to
learn something new.

Thanks again...

-=d