[OS X TeX] problem with \renewcommand{}{\arabic{}}

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Dec 27 09:11:15 EST 2008

On Dec 27, 2008, at 7:03 AM, Fabienne Goldfarb wrote:

> Thanks again : I found the solution. If I use the babel package
> \usepackage[frenchb]{babel}
> it works correctly.
> But this is really strange that frenche works with miktex but not
> with mactex.
>
> Fabienne

Howdy,

When was that package last updated? MacTeX is TeX Live 2008 and with
thousands of packages that interact it is certainly possible that some
packages upon which franchle depends have been updated but the package
hasn't been updated.

What version of MikTeX are you using on the PC?

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)