[OS X TeX] finite state machines

Art Werschulz agw at comcast.net
Mon Dec 29 14:58:49 EST 2008

Hi.

What do people generally use for producing the diagrams for finite
state automata?  I'm currently using xymatrix.  Is there anything
better?

I need to produce circular (and double-circular) nodes that are just
big enough to hold a given chunk of text, e.g., something like
\node{$q_1$} or \acceptnode{$q_3$}.  I also would like to draw ovals
that are just big enough to surround a larger chnuk of text, such as
\ovalnode{Door closed}.

Suggestions?  Thanks.

Art Werschulz
207 Stoughton Avenue, Cranford  NJ 07016-2838
(908) 272-1146