[OS X TeX] [ANN] TeX Live Utility 0.2

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Mon Dec 29 21:59:04 EST 2008

On Dec 29, 2008, at 9:35 PM, Duke wrote:

> On 12/28/08 12:06 AM, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:
>> I've been working on a GUI for tlmgr, and beta testers are welcome
>> to give it a try.  A few brave souls have already tried it, so at
>> least parts of it are known to work!
>>
>> Please note the requirements on the home page before download:  Mac
>> OS X Leopard (specifically 10.5.5 or later) is required.  Likewise
>> TeX Live 2008 (note that it's only been tested with MacTeX).
>>
>> Project home page:
>>
>> http://code.google.com/p/mactlmgr/
>>
>> Bug reports:
>>
>> http://code.google.com/p/mactlmgr/issues/list
>>

> I just installed TeX Live Utility newest version, and tried it.
> Everything went just fine. My system is MBP 10.5.6 with MacTex 2008.
> Thanks so much for a nice GUI.

Thanks!

> One tiny problem when I tried Manage packages mode. When scrolling
> the package list, it is like scrolling a HUGE image file - very slow
> and retarded scrolling. I know, there are a lot of package to show,
> but I did not expect that slow.

I noticed that on my G5 at work, as well, and I've disabled the
animated transition between tabs to work around it.  Sorry about that;
performance problems are major bugs, in my opinion :).

Let me know if the problem occurs in the next version (will be out in
the next few days at latest).

--
Adam