[OS X TeX] [ANN] TeX Live Utility 0.4

Rolf Schmolling rolf.schmolling at alumni.TU-Berlin.de
Wed Dec 31 11:34:20 EST 2008

Hi, just to report, that TeLive Utility updated itself without any
problems, announced three critical updates which installed flawlessly,
no problems…

thanks!

Rolf

Am 31.12.2008 um 16:59 schrieb Adam R. Maxwell:

> On Dec 31, 2008, at 10:05 AM, Victor Ivrii wrote:
>
>> I looked briefly (since some of hosts I am taking care of are on
>> Tiger
>> and one is linux) but I cannot see how achieve some results available
>> for command line:
>
> I suspect your look was very brief, based on your questions, but
> note that it will never implement all features of the command line
> interface.
>
>> 1) How to get list of all packages, indicating those which are
>> locally
>> installed?
>
> Click the "Manage Packages" tab.  The basic features (with
> screenshots) are described on the web page, also.
>
>> 1a) How to list all remote packages which are not installed?
>
> See above, and sort the list by "Status."  Note that it's an outline
> view, with disclosure triangles in the leftmost column.
>
>> 1b) How to calculate the number of installed packages?
>
> tlmgr list |grep "^i " |wc -l
>
> Of course this could be added, but why is it useful?
>
>> 2) How to list only collections? schemes? Calculate how many of them?
>
> Use the searchfield to search for collection- or scheme-?  Again,
> why do you care about the number of them?
>
> --
> Adam

> TeX FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
> List Reminders and Etiquette: http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/list/

Rolf Schmolling M.A. Historian, Rolf.Schmolling at Alumni.TU-Berlin.DE
http://rolf_schmolling.macbay.de/