[OS X TeX] Full Page Graphic on First Page?

Richard J Benish rjbenish at teleport.com
Sat Feb 2 11:09:48 EST 2008

I'm trying to create a "custom" document (not an article, book, or
thesis, etc.) whose first page would contain a large graphic. Then a
lot of text after that.

I've found a template that works for most purposes, but it has a
blank first page and mysterious consecutive numbers (not the same as
page number) below the text on each page.

The blank page appears even when the graphic is the first command
after "begin document."

I assume this is because of the "documentclass," which is "article."

Is there a more appropriate document class or template or customized
settings I should use to get rid of the first page and the mysterious
numbers?

Thank you.

Richard Benish