[OS X TeX] XeTeX - Beamer package font kerning problem

Horst Hohberger horst.hohberger at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 22:07:35 EST 2008

Dear Axel and Peter,

thanks for your help. Sadly, the fourier package didn't work at all,
and it also wasn't what I wanted. I'm quite happy with the CM fonts,
it's just the spacing that seems to be off. Also, if I specify a font
like geneva, then even the formulas are set in geneva, so I don't
really need a separate package for formula fonts. I tried fourier
anyway, but only got strange effects (commas became semicolons, minus
signs vanished and I got a string of font warnings in compilation).

Adding the [cm-default] option to fontspec didn't improve things by
itself either. However, additionally commenting out the font calls
suddenly solved the font problems; I must have misunderstood something
about xetex, since I assumed these calls (and the standard Open Font
versions of CM) were strictly necessary, until you mentioned having
commented them out! So, my problem is solved! Many thanks,

Horst