[OS X TeX] XeTeX - Beamer package font kerning problem

Horst Hohberger horst.hohberger at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 03:50:37 EST 2008

Dear Axel,

I am sorry, I may have sounded a bit too absolute regarding fourier; I
meant that it doesn't work in my situation, i.e., with beamer. My
XeTeX version on is 0.996, so I'm not quite as up-to-date as you are.
After commenting out the calls to the CMU fonts, the [cm-default]
option for fontspec took care of everything; I now have no problems
compiling beamer using xetex provided I use the default fonts.

Using the article class, I never experienced problems with xetex in
the first place; it allowed me to typeset Chinese and English in one
document with no font problems whatsoever.

Many regards,

Horst